Home - School Communication
Our primary form of communication is email. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, so you don't miss anything from us.
We also use two online portals - ClassCharts and My Child At School. Accounts are created for all students when they start at STFS, and we will email you with all the details you need to access both systems.
My Child At School (MCAS) is an online portal for parents/carers that enables you to view your child’s academic reports and other important information via an internet browser or using the mobile app. It has been specifically designed to improve the quality and accessibility of information for parents and carers.
- Academic Calendar - check our term and holiday dates.
- After School Clubs - view and sign up to after-school clubs.
- Announcements - receive and store announcements.
- Attendance - check your child's attendance data.
- Contact Details - check and update your details.
- Important Documents - safely stored in one place.
- Lesson Timetables - view your child's timetable.
- Parents Evening - book appointments with your child's teachers.
- Parental Consent – review and update permissions for your child.
- Reports – receive, view and store your child's reports.
- Trips - view details of your child's upcoming trips.
*Please note that we are not yet using the payment/shop modules.
We use a system called ClassCharts to set homework, record achievements, track behaviour, and inform you of rewards throughout your child's time at school. The account is accessed by both parents/carers and students.
Details of homework set can be viewed on ClassCharts along with the date it's due.
Positive behaviour, either in the classroom or at break, lunch or around the school in general is recognised and rewarded by staff, with ClassChart points being awarded to individual students.
Negative behaviour is recorded in exactly the same way, with negative ClassChart points being awarded to anyone whose behaviour has fallen below expected standards.
ClassChart point totals are accessible by all staff and can be used to inform discussions with parents/carers. Patterns of behaviour can be tracked easily, with consistently poor behaviour being managed, and consistently good behaviour rewarded.